Definition of annuals. Meaning of annuals. Synonyms of annuals
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word annuals. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word annuals and, of course, annuals synonyms and on the right images related to the word annuals.
Definition of annuals
annualsAnnueler An"nu*el*er, n.
A priest employed in saying annuals, or anniversary Masses.
[Obs.] --Chaucer. annualTax Tax, n. [F. taxe, fr. taxer to tax, L. taxare to touch,
sharply, to feel, handle, to censure, value, estimate, fr.
tangere, tactum, to touch. See Tangent, and cf. Task,
1. A charge, especially a pecuniary burden which is imposed
by authority. Specifically:
(a) A charge or burden laid upon persons or property for
the support of a government.
A farmer of taxes is, of all creditors,
proverbially the most rapacious. --Macaulay.
(b) Especially, the sum laid upon specific things, as upon
polls, lands, houses, income, etc.; as, a land tax; a
window tax; a tax on carriages, and the like.
Note: Taxes are annual or perpetual, direct or
(c) A sum imposed or levied upon the members of a society
to defray its expenses.
2. A task exacted from one who is under control; a
contribution or service, the rendering of which is imposed
upon a subject.
3. A disagreeable or burdensome duty or charge; as, a heavy
tax on time or health.
4. Charge; censure. [Obs.] --Clarendon.
5. A lesson to be learned; a task. [Obs.] --Johnson.
Tax cart, a spring cart subject to a low tax. [Eng.]
Syn: Impost; tribute; contribution; duty; toll; rate;
assessment; exaction; custom; demand.
Annual An"nu*al, n.
1. A thing happening or returning yearly; esp. a literary
work published once a year.
2. Anything, especially a plant, that lasts but one year or
season; an annual plant.
Oaths . . . in some sense almost annuals; . . . and
I myself can remember about forty different sets.
3. (R. C. Ch.) A Mass for a deceased person or for some
special object, said daily for a year or on the
AnnualAnnual An"nu*al (?; 135), a. [OE. annuel, F. annuel, fr. L.
annualis, fr. annus year. Cf. Annals.]
1. Of or pertaining to a year; returning every year; coming
or happening once in the year; yearly.
The annual overflowing of the river [Nile]. --Ray.
2. Performed or accomplished in a year; reckoned by the year;
as, the annual motion of the earth.
A thousand pound a year, annual support. --Shak.
2. Lasting or continuing only one year or one growing season;
requiring to be renewed every year; as, an annual plant;
annual tickets. --Bacon.
Meaning of annuals from wikipedia
- Yearbook Literary annual Annual plant Annual report Annual giving Annual
, Morocco, a settlement
in northeastern Morocco Annuals
(band), a musical
- or are grown
, including virtually
grains. Some perennials
- the track
listing. The Australian Annuals
are held in much higher regard
than the 21st century
, as much more local
- The 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony
was held on February
10, 2019, at Staples Center
in Los Angeles. Singer-songwriter Alicia
Keys hosted. The ceremony...
- for the annuals
of the Panic
of 1825. In the 1830s you see a sarcastic
Hood ("The Battle
of the Annuals
in 2003, Annuals first found success following
its critically acclaimed
2006 release, Be He Me. As of September
out of Los...
- Dandy annuals Mandy Annual
(1969–2007) Oor Wullie
with The Broons, excluding World
War II; no annuals
- The 60th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony
was held on January
28, 2018. The CBS network broadcast
the show live from Madison Square Garden
in New York City...
- the 1950s and 1960s. Annuals
1-7 were published annually
to the years
1895 - 1901 Annuals
8–21 were published annually
35 will be the thirty-fifth annual WrestleMania professional wrestling
pay-per-view (PPV) event
and WWE Network event produced
by WWE for...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to annuals