Definition of Twitter. Meaning of Twitter. Synonyms of Twitter
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Twitter. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Twitter and, of course, Twitter synonyms and on the right images related to the word Twitter.
Definition of Twitter
TwitterTwitter Twit"ter, n. [From Twit.]
One who twits, or reproaches; an upbraider. TwitterTwitter Twit"ter, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Twittered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Twittering.] [OE. twiteren; of imitative origin; cf.
G. zwitschern, OHG. zwizzir?n, D. kwetteren, Sw. qwitra, Dan.
quiddre. Cf. Titter.]
1. To make a succession of small, tremulous, intermitted
The swallow twittering from the straw-built shed.
2. To make the sound of a half-suppressed laugh; to titter;
to giggle. --J. Fletcher.
3. [Perhaps influenced by twitch.] To have a slight trembling
of the nerves; to be excited or agitated.
Twitter Twit"ter, v. t.
To utter with a twitter. --Cowper.
Twitter Twit"ter, n.
1. The act of twittering; a small, tremulous, intermitted
noise, as that made by a swallow.
2. A half-suppressed laugh; a fit of laughter partially
restrained; a titter; a giggle. --Hudibras.
3. A slight trembling or agitation of the nerves.
Meaning of Twitter from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Twitter