Definition of Themes. Meaning of Themes. Synonyms of Themes
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Themes. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Themes and, of course, Themes synonyms and on the right images related to the word Themes.
Definition of Themes
ThemeTheme Theme, n. [OE. teme, OF. teme, F. th[`e]me, L. thema,
Gr. ?, fr. ? to set, place. See Do, and cf. Thesis.]
1. A subject or topic on which a person writes or speaks; a
proposition for discussion or argument; a text.
My theme is alway one and ever was. --Chaucer.
And when a soldier was the theme, my name Was not
far off. --Shak.
2. Discourse on a certain subject.
Then ran repentance and rehearsed his theme. --Piers
It was the subject of my theme. --Shak.
3. A composition or essay required of a pupil. --Locke.
4. (Gram.) A noun or verb, not modified by inflections; also,
that part of a noun or verb which remains unchanged
(except by euphonic variations) in declension or
5. That by means of which a thing is done; means; instrument.
6. (Mus.) The leading subject of a composition or a movement.
Meaning of Themes from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Themes