Definition of Tap. Meaning of Tap. Synonyms of Tap
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Tap. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Tap and, of course, Tap synonyms and on the right images related to the word Tap.
Definition of Tap
TapTap Tap, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Tapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Tapping.] [F. taper to strike; of Teutonic origin; cf.
dial. G. tapp, tapps, a blow, tappe a paw, fist, G. tappen to
1. To strike with a slight or gentle blow; to touch gently;
to rap lightly; to pat; as, to tap one with the hand or a
2. To put a new sole or heel on; as, to tap shoes. TapTap Tap, n. [Cf. F. tape. See Tap to strike.]
1. A gentle or slight blow; a light rap; a pat. --Addison.
2. A piece of leather fastened upon the bottom of a boot or
shoe in repairing or renewing the sole or heel.
Tap Tap, v. i.
To strike a gentle blow.
TapTap Tap, n. [AS. t[ae]ppa, akin to D. tap, G. zapfen, OHG.
zapfo, Dan. tap, Sw. tapp, Icel. tappi. Cf. Tampion,
1. A hole or pipe through which liquor is drawn.
2. A plug or spile for stopping a hole pierced in a cask, or
the like; a faucet.
3. Liquor drawn through a tap; hence, a certain kind or
quality of liquor; as, a liquor of the same tap. [Colloq.]
4. A place where liquor is drawn for drinking; a taproom; a
5. (Mech.) A tool for forming an internal screw, as in a nut,
consisting of a hardened steel male screw grooved
longitudinally so as to have cutting edges.
(a) Ready to be drawn; as, ale on tap.
(b) Broached, or furnished with a tap; as, a barrel on
Plug tap (Mech.), a screw-cutting tap with a slightly
Tap bolt, a bolt with a head on one end and a thread on the
other end, to be screwed into some fixed part, instead of
passing through the part and receiving a nut. See Illust.
Tap cinder (Metal.), the slag of a puddling furnace.
Tap Tap, v. t.
1. To pierce so as to let out, or draw off, a fluid; as, to
tap a cask, a tree, a tumor, etc.
2. Hence, to draw from (anything) in any analogous way; as,
to tap telegraph wires for the purpose of intercepting
information; to tap the treasury.
tapFaucet Fau"cet, n. [F. fausset, perh. fr. L. fauces throat.]
1. A fixture for drawing a liquid, as water, molasses, oil,
etc., from a pipe, cask, or other vessel, in such
quantities as may be desired; -- called also tap, and
cock. It consists of a tubular spout, stopped with a
movable plug, spigot, valve, or slide.
2. The enlarged end of a section of pipe which receives the
spigot end of the next section.
Meaning of Tap from wikipedia
, Taps, TAP
(film), a 1989 film Taps (film), a 1981 American drama
film Taps (2006 film), a short
- Tap Tap
Revenge, also known
as Tap Tap Revenge
Cl****ic was a music
by Nate True, and developed
for iOS in July 2008...
- Tap Tap
or Tap Tap Revenge
was a series
of rhythm games
by Tapulous available
for the iOS of which several
versions, both purchasable
and free, have been...
- Tap tap
is a type of taxicab. Tap Tap
may also refer
to: Tap Tap
(series), a series
of video games
for the iPhone Tap Tap
Revenge, the first
game in the...
, also called tap style
(tapstyle), touch-style, and two-handed tapping
, is a guitar playing technique where
and set into vibration...
- This Is Spinal Tap
(stylized as This Is Spın̈al Tap
: A Rockumentary
Di Bergi) is a 1984 American mockumentary
and co-written by...
taps are gaily painted buses
or pick-up trucks
with metal covers
as share taxis
in Haiti. They may also be referred
to as camionette. Literally...
- is called
threading. Many are cutting
tools. A tap
is used to cut or form the female portion
of the mating
pair (e.g. a nut)...
- Tap dance
is a type of dance characterised
to the heel and toe of shoes striking
as a form of percussion...
- Tap Tap
were a British
of Pete and the Pirates
and current frontman
of Teleman. Their debut album
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Tap