- is syncategorematic
if it lacks
but can nonetheless affect
of a larger expression which contains
- on, plus sentential connectives
such as "and" and "or," were called syncategorematic terms
(from the Gr**** kategorei
– to predicate, and syn – together...
- 'Infinitely Many' and 'Finitely Many'". William
of Sherwood's Treatise
Press. ISBN 978-0-8166-5805-3. Smith...
- this led to an increasing interest
in problems related
to the use of syncategorematic words
such as and, or, not, if, and every. The study
- actu non datur. This means there
is only a (developing, improper, "syncategorematic
") potential infinity
but not a (fixed, proper, "categorematic") actual...
values—they are in that sense
, or "incomplete symbols"); but the view retains
that raise difficulties
due to the presence
of syncategorematic terms
such as quantifiers
prepositions, which, according...
- Minneapolis, MN: University
Press, 1966. Treatise
Kretzmann, Minneapolis, MN: University...
- and to have taught Peter
of Spain. At that time he was writing
terms. Appellationes Commentary
on the Sentences Rationes super
- Pavement Dwellers Symposium
(Xenophon) Symptom Syncategorematic Syncategorematic
term Synchronicity Syncretism Synderesis Syndicalism