Definition of Spurn. Meaning of Spurn. Synonyms of Spurn
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Spurn. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Spurn and, of course, Spurn synonyms and on the right images related to the word Spurn.
Definition of Spurn
Spurn Spurn, v. i.
1. To kick or toss up the heels.
The miller spurned at a stone. --Chaucer.
The drunken chairman in the kennel spurns. --Gay.
2. To manifest disdain in rejecting anything; to make
contemptuous opposition or resistance.
Nay, more, to spurn at your most royal image.
Spurn Spurn, n.
1. A kick; a blow with the foot. [R.]
What defence can properly be used in such a
despicable encounter as this but either the slap or
the spurn? --Milton.
2. Disdainful rejection; contemptuous tratment.
The insolence of office and the spurns That patient
merit of the unworthy takes. --Shak.
3. (Mining) A body of coal left to sustain an overhanding
Meaning of Spurn from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Spurn