Definition of Skip. Meaning of Skip. Synonyms of Skip
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Skip. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Skip and, of course, Skip synonyms and on the right images related to the word Skip.
Definition of Skip
Skip Skip, v. t.
1. To leap lightly over; as, to skip the rope.
2. To pass over or by without notice; to omit; to miss; as,
to skip a line in reading; to skip a lesson.
They who have a mind to see the issue may skip these
two chapters. --Bp. Burnet.
3. To cause to skip; as, to skip a stone. [Colloq.]
SkipSkip Skip, n.
1. A light leap or bound.
2. The act of passing over an interval from one thing to
another; an omission of a part.
3. (Mus.) A passage from one sound to another by more than a
degree at once. --Busby.
Skip kennel, a lackey; a footboy. [Slang.] --Swift.
Skip mackerel. (Zo["o]l.) See Bluefish, 1. SkipSkip Skip, n. [See Skep.]
1. A basket. See Skep. [Obs. or Prov. Eng. & Scot.]
2. A basket on wheels, used in cotton factories.
3. (Mining) An iron bucket, which slides between guides, for
hoisting mineral and rock.
4. (Sugar Manuf.) A charge of sirup in the pans.
5. A beehive; a skep. SkipSkip Skip, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Skipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
Skipping.] [OE. skippen, of uncertain origin; cf. Icel.
skopa run, skoppa to spin like a top, OSw. & dial. Sw.
skimmpa to run, skimpa, skompa, to hop, skip; or Ir. sgiob to
snatch, Gael. sgiab to start or move suddenly, to snatch, W.
ysgipio to snatch.]
1. To leap lightly; to move in leaps and hounds; -- commonly
implying a sportive spirit.
The lamb thy riot dooms to bleed to-day, Had he thy
reason, would he skip and play? --Pope.
So she drew her mother away skipping, dancing, and
frisking fantastically. --Hawthorne.
2. Fig.: To leave matters unnoticed, as in reading, speaking,
or writing; to pass by, or overlook, portions of a thing;
-- often followed by over. skipHop Hop, n.
1. A leap on one leg, as of a boy; a leap, as of a toad; a
jump; a spring.
2. A dance; esp., an informal dance of ball. [Colloq.]
Hop, skip (or step), and jump, a game or athletic
sport in which the participants cover as much ground as
possible by a hop, stride, and jump in succession.
Meaning of Skip from wikipedia
and kidney enriched inositol
phosphatase), a human
Key-Management for Internet Protocol
-It is a children's toy invented
by Avi Arad, Maggie Harvey
and Mel Kennedy
Electronics. The Skip
- Skip Bayless
(born John Edward Bayless
4, 1951) is an American sports
columnist, author, and television
personality. He is well known
- rope Stone skipping
so that it bounces
off the surface
of water String skipping
, a guitar-playing technique Snowmobile skipping
, a sport...
- Skip Marley
(born 4 June 1996) is a Jamaican
singer-songwriter. He is the son of Cedella
Marley, and grandson
of Bob Marley. Marley
was born in Kingston...
- In computer
science, a skip
list is a data structure
O(log n) search complexity
as well as O(log n) insertion complexity within
-Bo is a commercial version
of the card game Spite
and Malice. In 1967, Minnie Hazel
of Brownfield, Texas, began producing
and Shannon: Undisputed
is an American sports
talk show starring Skip Bayless
Sharpe. The series premiered
on Fox Sports
1 on September...
- A skip
(British English, Australian
English, and New Zealand
English) is a large
open-topped waste container designed
onto a special
is an acronym
for Skeletal muscle
and kidney enriched inositol
is a human
gene. This gene encodes
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Skip