Definition of Rustic. Meaning of Rustic. Synonyms of Rustic
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Rustic. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Rustic and, of course, Rustic synonyms and on the right images related to the word Rustic.
Definition of Rustic
Rustic Rus"tic, n.
1. An inhabitant of the country, especially one who is rude,
coarse, or dull; a clown.
Hence to your fields, you rustics! hence, away.
2. A rural person having a natural simplicity of character or
manners; an artless, unaffected person. [Poetic]
RusticRustic Rus"tic, a. [L. rusticus, fr. rus, ruris, the country:
cf. F. rustique. See Rural.]
1. Of or pertaining to the country; rural; as, the rustic
gods of antiquity. ``Rustic lays.' --Milton.
And many a holy text around she strews, That teach
the rustic moralist to die. --Gray.
She had a rustic, woodland air. --Wordsworth.
2. Rude; awkward; rough; unpolished; as, rustic manners. ``A
rustic muse.' --Spenser.
3. Coarse; plain; simple; as, a rustic entertainment; rustic
4. Simple; artless; unadorned; unaffected. --Pope.
Rustic moth (Zo["o]l.), any moth belonging to Agrotis and
allied genera. Their larv[ae] are called cutworms. See
(a) (Arch.) Cut stone facing which has the joints worked
with grooves or channels, the face of each block
projecting beyond the joint, so that the joints are
(b) (Arch. & Woodwork) Summer houses, or furniture for
summer houses, etc., made of rough limbs of trees
Syn: Rural; rude; unpolished; inelegant; untaught; awkward;
rough; coarse; plain; unadorned; simple; artless;
honest. See Rural.
Meaning of Rustic from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Rustic