Definition of Pursue. Meaning of Pursue. Synonyms of Pursue
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Pursue. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Pursue and, of course, Pursue synonyms and on the right images related to the word Pursue.
Definition of Pursue
Pursue Pur*sue", v. i.
1. To go in pursuit; to follow.
The wicked flee when no man pursueth. --Prov.
Men hotly pursued after the objects of their
2. To go on; to proceed, especially in argument or discourse;
Note: [A Gallicism]
I have, pursues Carneades, wondered chemists
should not consider. --Boyle.
3. (Law) To follow a matter judicially, as a complaining
party; to act as a prosecutor. --Burrill.
PursuePursue Pur*sue", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pursued; p. pr. & vb.
n. Pursuing.] [OE. pursuen, porsuen, OF. porsivre,
poursuivre, poursuir, F. poursuivre, fr. L. prosequi; pro
forward + sequi to follow. See Sue, and cf. Prosecute,
1. To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or
with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
We happiness pursue; we fly from pain. --Prior.
The happiness of men lies in purswing, Not in
2. To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue
a remedy at law.
The fame of ancient matrons you pursue. --Dryden.
3. To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to
follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route;
the administration pursued a wise course.
4. To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue. `` Insatiate
to pursue vain war.' --Milton.
5. To follow as an example; to imitate.
6. To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they
have pursued me, they shall pursue you also.
Syn: To follow; chase; seek; persist. See Follow.
Meaning of Pursue from wikipedia
- Look up pursuit or pursue
in Wiktionary, the free dictionary....
is a 1947 film that combines western
film noir and psychological
melodrama. The picture
by Raoul Walsh
and features Teresa
led to an expansion
of the policy
to "don't ask, don't tell, don't pursue
, don't har****". Beginning
in the early
2000s, several legal challenges
- and Song of the Year (The Joke). Carlile dropped
out of high school
in music, teaching herself piano
and guitar. Her debut major
- accent. In 2015 her family moved
to Los Angeles
career. Ge, Linda. "'One Day at a Time' Adds Isabella Gomez
- Pursuing Stacks
(French: À la Poursuite
des Champs) is an influential
m****cript by Alexander
Grothendieck. The word "stack" refers
hijab. After three
left the **** industry
to pursue other
interests. Mia Khalifa
was born on February
10, 1993, in Beirut, Lebanon...
- long-term drummer, Lee founded
rap-metal band Methods
of Mayhem, and has pursued
projects. Lee was born Thomas
Lee B**** on October
- Fantastic Parodius
of the Past (極上パロディウス ～過去の栄光を求めて～, Gokujō Parodiusu
- Kako no Eikō o Motomete), known outside
****an as Fantastic...
each other, White's parents
had both moved
to New York City to pursue careers
in acting. After
on stage together
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Pursue