Definition of Oriented. Meaning of Oriented. Synonyms of Oriented
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Oriented.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Oriented and, of course, Oriented synonyms and on the right images related to the word Oriented.
Definition of Oriented
OrientOrient O"ri*ent, v. t.
1. Same as Orientate, 2.
2. To place (a map or chart) so that its east side, north
side, etc., lie toward the corresponding parts of the
horizon; specif. (Surv.), to rotate (a map attached to a
plane table) until the line of direction between any two
of its points is parallel to the corresponding direction
Orient O"ri*ent, n.
1. The part of the horizon where the sun first appears in the
morning; the east.
[Morn] came furrowing all the orient into gold.
2. The countries of Asia or the East. --Chaucer.
Best built city throughout the Orient. --Sir T.
3. A pearl of great luster. [R.] --Carlyle.
OrientOrient O"ri*ent, v. t. [F. orienter. Cf. Orientate.]
1. To define the position of, in relation to the orient or
east; hence, to ascertain the bearings of.
2. Fig.: To correct or set right by recurring to first
principles; to arrange in order; to orientate.
Meaning of Oriented from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Oriented