Definition of Minims. Meaning of Minims. Synonyms of Minims
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Minims. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Minims and, of course, Minims synonyms and on the right images related to the word Minims.
Definition of Minims
Minim Min"im, a.
Minute. ``Minim forms.' --J. R. Drake.
MinimMinim Min"im, n. [F. minime, L. minimus the least, smallest, a
superl. of minor: cf. It. minima a note in music. See
Minor, and cf. Minimum.]
1. Anything very minute; as, the minims of existence; --
applied to animalcula; and the like.
2. The smallest liquid measure, equal to about one drop; the
sixtieth part of a fluid drachm.
3. (Zo["o]l.) A small fish; a minnow. [Prov. Eng.]
4. A little man or being; a dwarf. [Obs.] --Milton.
5. (Eccl. Hist.) One of an austere order of mendicant hermits
of friars founded in the 15th century by St. Francis of
6. (Mus.) A time note, formerly the shortest in use; a half
note, equal to half a semibreve, or two quarter notes or
7. A short poetical encomium. [Obs.] --Spenser. minimMinnow Min"now, n. [OE. menow, cf. AS. myne; also OE. menuse,
OF. menuise small fish; akin to E. minish, minute.] [Written
1. (Zo["o]l.) A small European fresh-water cyprinoid fish
(Phoxinus l[ae]vis, formerly Leuciscus phoxinus);
sometimes applied also to the young of larger kinds; --
called also minim and minny. The name is also applied
to several allied American species, of the genera
Phoxinus, Notropis, or Minnilus, and Rhinichthys.
2. (Zo["o]l.) Any of numerous small American cyprinodont
fishes of the genus Fundulus, and related genera. They
live both in fresh and in salt water. Called also
killifish, minny, and mummichog.
Meaning of Minims from wikipedia
- of Paula Franciscan Minims
of the Perpetual
Help of Mary Minim
(palaeography), a short vertical stroke
used in handwriting Minim
, a Hebrew
- The Minims
O.M.) are members
of a Roman Catholic religious order
of friars founded
- The minim
(abbreviated min, ♏︎ or ♍︎) is a unit of volume
in both the imperial
and US customary systems
of measurement. Specifically
it is 1⁄60 of a...
- scripts deriving
from it. Parts
of other letters
as well: when a minim
is extended above
the line, it becomes
an ascender, as in the...
- In music, a half note (American) or minim
(British) is a note pla**** for half the duration
of a whole
note (or semibreve) and twice
is a medication
used to treat certain types
of nerve agent
and pesticide poisonings
as well as some types
of slow heart
rate, and to decrease...
- a belt-fed light machine
(religious order), a religious order known
as the Minimi
of the Minims
) Abductor digiti minimi
- Tropicamide, sold under
name Mydriacyl among
others, is a medication
used to dilate
and help with examination
of the eye. Specifically...
- Les Minimes
, Port de plaisance
, is the largest marina
boats. It is located
in the city of La Roc****e. Its name is derived...
- The four species
(Hebrew: ארבעת המינים arba'at ha-minim
, also called
) are four plants mentioned
in the Torah
(Leviticus 23:40) as being...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Minims