- Ezra Pound distinguished three
"kinds of poetry:" melopoeia
, phanopoeia, and logopoeia. Melopoeia
is when words
are "charged" beyond
- phanopoeia – throwing
(fixed or moving) on to the visual
– inducing emotional correlations
of the speech. logopoeia –...
- mode), and certain accentuation
patterns. These rules
or methods defined melopœia
, the different
ways of creating
melos. The melodic patterns
of a sense
of sound, an "ear" for words, imbuing
. His study
to be sung (motz et son)—led...
- 1831 T. L. Pea****, Crotchet Castle
vi. M887 70 "Did not they give to melopoeia
, c****graphy, and the sundry forms
[printed -icsj, the...
- the genera, intervals, sounds, systems, tones
or modes, mutations, and melopoeia
. The remainder
of the work is taken
up with a discussion
of the many parts...
- notation, they were rather
part of the performance based
on conventional melopœia
. One cherubikon
as well as one version
of the Sunday koinonikon
- harengiform canities ridotto maieutic turnverein otosteon ajimez porwigle melopoeia phthisiology distelfink rouille yttriferous luteovirescent chatoyant
- Bar and Chinese
- 0.1 Burney. Melo-drama - 0.7 Burney. Melopoeia
- 1.9 Burney. See Burney's History, vol 1, p 67ff of Mercer's ed. With...