Definition of Likelihood. Meaning of Likelihood. Synonyms of Likelihood
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Likelihood. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Likelihood and, of course, Likelihood synonyms and on the right images related to the word Likelihood.
Definition of Likelihood
Likelihood Like"li*hood (-l[i^]*h[oo^]d), n. [Likely + -hood.]
1. Appearance; show; sign; expression. [Obs.]
What of his heart perceive you in his face By any
likelihood he showed to-day ? --Shak.
2. Likeness; resemblance. [Obs.]
There is no likelihood between pure light and black
darkness, or between righteousness and reprobation.
3. Appearance of truth or reality; probability;
Meaning of Likelihood from wikipedia
- In statistics, the likelihood function
(often simply called likelihood
how likely particular values
of statistical parameters
are for a given...
- In statistics, maximum likelihood estimation
(MLE) is a method
function, so that under
- statistics, the likelihood
-ratio test ****esses the goodness
of fit of two competing statistical models based
on the ratio
of their likelihoods
- In statistics, a marginal likelihood
function, or integrated likelihood
, is a likelihood function
some parameter variables
have been marginalized...
- (LR+, likelihood ratio
positive, likelihood ratio
results) and negative likelihood ratio
(LR–, likelihood ratio
- In statistics, quasi-likelihood estimation
is one way of allowing
for overdispersion, that is, greater variability
in the data than would
- In statistics, the likelihood principle
is the proposition
model, all the evidence
in a sample relevant
to model parameters
- maximum likelihood
is a particular
form of maximum likelihood estimation
that does not base estimates
on a maximum likelihood
fit of all...
- A quasi-maximum likelihood estimate
(QMLE, also known
as a pseudo-likelihood estimate
or a composite likelihood
estimate) is an estimate
of a parameter...
- expectation–maximization (EM) algorithm
is an iterative method
to find maximum likelihood
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Likelihood