Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Lightly. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Lightly and, of course, Lightly synonyms and on the right images related to the word Lightly.
Lightly Light"ly, adv.
1. With little weight; with little force; as, to tread
lightly; to press lightly.
Yet shall thy grave with rising flowers be drest,
And the green turf lie lightly on thy breast.
Him thus intent Ithuriel with his spear Touched
2. Swiftly; nimbly; with agility.
So mikle was that barge, it might not lightly sail.
Watch what thou seest and lightly bring me word.
3. Without deep impression.
The soft ideas of the cheerful note, Lightly
received, were easily forgot. --Prior.
4. In a small degree; slightly; not severely.
At the first he lightly afflicted the land of
Zebulun . . . and afterward did more grievously
afflict her. --Is. ix. 1.
5. With little effort or difficulty; easily; readily.
That lightly come, shall lightly go. --Old Proverb.
They come lightly by the malt, and need not spare
it. --Sir W.
6. Without reason, or for reasons of little weight.
Flatter not the rich, neither do thou willingly or
lightly appear before great personages. --Jer.
7. Commonly; usually. [Obs.] --Bp. Fisher.
The great thieves of a state are lightly the
officers of the crown. --B. Jonson.
8. Without dejection; cheerfully. ``Seeming to bear it
9. Without heed or care; with levity; gayly; airily.
Matrimony . . . is not by any to be enterprised, nor
taken in hand, unadvisedly, lightly, or wantonly.
10. Not chastely; wantonly. --Swift.
Meaning of Lightly from wikipedia