Definition of Discrimination. Meaning of Discrimination. Synonyms of Discrimination
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Discrimination.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Discrimination and, of course, Discrimination synonyms and on the right images related to the word Discrimination.
Definition of Discrimination
DiscriminationDiscrimination Dis*crim`i*na"tion, n. [L. discriminatio the
contrasting of opposite thoughts.]
1. The act of discriminating, distinguishing, or noting and
To make an anxious discrimination between the
miracle absolute and providential. --Trench.
2. The state of being discriminated, distinguished, or set
apart. --Sir J. Reynolds.
3. (Railroads) The arbitrary imposition of unequal tariffs
for substantially the same service.
A difference in rates, not based upon any
corresponding difference in cost, constitutes a case
of discrimination. --A. T.
4. The quality of being discriminating; faculty of nicely
distinguishing; acute discernment; as, to show great
discrimination in the choice of means.
5. That which discriminates; mark of distinction.
Syn: Discernment; penetration; clearness; acuteness;
judgment; distinction. See Discernment.
Meaning of Discrimination from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Discrimination