Definition of Dangerous. Meaning of Dangerous. Synonyms of Dangerous
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Dangerous. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Dangerous and, of course, Dangerous synonyms and on the right images related to the word Dangerous.
Definition of Dangerous
DangerousDangerous Dan"ger*ous, a. [OE., haughty, difficult, dangerous,
fr. OF. dangereus, F. dangereux. See Danger.]
1. Attended or beset with danger; full of risk; perilous;
Our troops set forth to-morrow; stay with us; The
ways are dangerous. --Shak.
It is dangerous to assert a negative. --Macaulay.
2. Causing danger; ready to do harm or injury.
If they incline to think you dangerous To less than
3. In a condition of danger, as from illness; threatened with
death. [Colloq.] --Forby. Bartlett.
4. Hard to suit; difficult to please. [Obs.]
My wages ben full strait, and eke full small; My
lord to me is hard and dangerous. --Chaucer.
5. Reserved; not affable. [Obs.] ``Of his speech dangerous.'
--Chaucer. -- Dan"ger*ous*ly, adv. --
Meaning of Dangerous from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Dangerous