Definition of Cant timbers. Meaning of Cant timbers. Synonyms of Cant timbers
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Cant timbers.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Cant timbers and, of course, Cant timbers synonyms and on the right images related to the word Cant timbers.
Definition of Cant timbers
Cant timbersCant Cant, n. [OF., edge, angle, prof. from L. canthus the
iron ring round a carriage wheel, a wheel, Gr. ? the corner
of the eye, the felly of a wheel; cf. W. cant the stake or
tire of a wheel. Cf. Canthus, Canton, Cantle.]
1. A corner; angle; niche. [Obs.]
The first and principal person in the temple was
Irene, or Peace; she was placed aloft in a cant.
2. An outer or external angle.
3. An inclination from a horizontal or vertical line; a slope
or bevel; a titl. --Totten.
4. A sudden thrust, push, kick, or other impulse, producing a
bias or change of direction; also, the bias or turn so
give; as, to give a ball a cant.
5. (Coopering) A segment forming a side piece in the head of
a cask. --Knight.
6. (Mech.) A segment of he rim of a wooden cogwheel.
7. (Naut.) A piece of wood laid upon the deck of a vessel to
support the bulkheads.
Cant frames, Cant timbers (Naut.), timber at the two ends
of a ship, rising obliquely from the keel.
Meaning of Cant timbers from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Cant timbers