Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Bosom. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Bosom and, of course, Bosom synonyms and on the right images related to the word Bosom.
Bosom Bos"om, a.
1. Of or pertaining to the bosom.
2. Intimate; confidential; familiar; trusted; cherished;
beloved; as, a bosom friend.
Bosom Bos"om (b[oo^]z"[u^]m), n. [AS. b?sm; akin to D. bozem,
Fries. b?sm, OHG. puosum, G. busen, and prob. E. bough.]
1. The breast of a human being; the part, between the arms,
to which anything is pressed when embraced by them.
You must prepare your bosom for his knife. --Shak.
2. The breast, considered as the seat of the passions,
affections, and operations of the mind; consciousness;
Tut, I am in their bosoms, and I know Wherefore they
do it. --Shak.
If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding my
iniquity in my bosom. --Job xxxi.
3. Embrace; loving or affectionate inclosure; fold.
Within the bosom of that church. --Hooker.
4. Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting
surface; an inner recess; the interior; as, the bosom of
the earth. ``The bosom of the ocean.' --Addison.
5. The part of the dress worn upon the breast; an article, or
a portion of an article, of dress to be worn upon the
breast; as, the bosom of a shirt; a linen bosom.
He put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it
out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow. --Ex. iv.
6. Inclination; desire. [Obs.] --Shak.
7. A depression round the eye of a millstone. --Knight.
Meaning of Bosom from wikipedia
- The English
word breast derives
from the Old English
word brēost (breast, bosom
) from Proto-Germanic breustam
(breast), from the Proto-Indo-European base...
- Bosom Buddies
is an American television sitcom starring
and Peter Scolari created
L. Boyett, Thomas
of Abraham" refers
to the place
in the Biblical Sheol
in the Gr**** Septuagint version
of the Hebrew scriptures
- Rock O' My Soul, also known
as Rock My Soul, Bosom
My Soul, is a traditional African American
spiritual. It was first
- Bosom Friends
is a 1934 American short
by E. W. Hammons. It was nominated
for an Academy Award
at the 7th Academy Awards
in 1934 for Best...
- not developed large enough
**** to fit into adult
clothes, therefore bosom
pads were used. When small, rounded
**** were in fashion, the problem...
- nominations. Taylor's other notable television roles include
the sitcoms Bosom Buddies
(1980–1982) and The Powers
That Be (1992–1993). Her film appearances...
- the country. Bosom Friend
in 1985. The magazine
is part of Bosom Friend Publishing Group
and is published
by Bosom Friend
- Hefner. Her first appearance
in Playboy, in September
1958, was titled
". She was a brunette
days, but in later shoots
she was a blonde...
- by betrayal
and is the source
of the idiom
in one's bosom
". The fable
is not to be confused
with The Snake
and the Farmer, which