Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Bosom.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Bosom and, of course, Bosom synonyms and on the right images related to the word Bosom.
Bosom Bos"om, a.
1. Of or pertaining to the bosom.
2. Intimate; confidential; familiar; trusted; cherished;
beloved; as, a bosom friend.
Bosom Bos"om (b[oo^]z"[u^]m), n. [AS. b?sm; akin to D. bozem,
Fries. b?sm, OHG. puosum, G. busen, and prob. E. bough.]
1. The breast of a human being; the part, between the arms,
to which anything is pressed when embraced by them.
You must prepare your bosom for his knife. --Shak.
2. The breast, considered as the seat of the passions,
affections, and operations of the mind; consciousness;
Tut, I am in their bosoms, and I know Wherefore they
do it. --Shak.
If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding my
iniquity in my bosom. --Job xxxi.
3. Embrace; loving or affectionate inclosure; fold.
Within the bosom of that church. --Hooker.
4. Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting
surface; an inner recess; the interior; as, the bosom of
the earth. ``The bosom of the ocean.' --Addison.
5. The part of the dress worn upon the breast; an article, or
a portion of an article, of dress to be worn upon the
breast; as, the bosom of a shirt; a linen bosom.
He put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it
out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow. --Ex. iv.
6. Inclination; desire. [Obs.] --Shak.
7. A depression round the eye of a millstone. --Knight.
Meaning of Bosom from wikipedia
word breast derives
from the Old English
word brēost ('breast, bosom
') from Proto-Germanic *breustam (breast), from the Proto-Indo-European base...
of Abraham" refers
to the place
in the biblical Sheol
in the Gr**** Septuagint version
of the Hebrew scriptures
- Bosom Buddies
is an American television sitcom starring
and Peter Scolari created
L. Boyett, Thomas
- not developed large enough
**** to fit into adult
clothes, therefore bosom
pads were used. When small, rounded
**** were in fashion, the problem...
- the country. Bosom Friend
in 1985. The magazine
is part of Bosom Friend Publishing Group
and is published
by Bosom Friend
- "Rock O' My Soul", also known
as "Rock My Soul", "Bosom
of Abraham" or "Rocka My Soul", is a traditional African American
spiritual. It was first
- his roles
as Michael Harris
(1984–1990) and Henry Desmond
on Bosom Buddies
(1980–1982). Scolari received three
for his work...
- (1984), and Back to the ****ure (1985), as well as the television sitcoms Bosom Buddies
(1980–1982) and Private Benjamin
was born in...
- John Bosom
to: John Bosom
(died 1440), MP for Totnes
(MP for Rochester) in 1407 This disambiguation
- Berringer's. She co-starred with Tom Hanks
in the early
1980s situation comedy Bosom
the role of Sonny
Lumet.: 125-126 Months after