Definition of Seasons. Meaning of Seasons. Synonyms of Seasons
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Seasons. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Seasons and, of course, Seasons synonyms and on the right images related to the word Seasons.
Definition of Seasons
SeasonSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasonSeason Sea"son, n. [OE. sesoun, F. saison, properly, the
sowing time, fr. L. satio a sowing, a planting, fr. serere,
satum, to sow, plant; akin to E. sow, v., to scatter, as
1. One of the divisions of the year, marked by alternations
in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions
of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the
relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In
the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some
parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the
rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry
and the rainy.
The several seasons of the year in their beauty.
2. Hence, a period of time, especially as regards its fitness
for anything contemplated or done; a suitable or
convenient time; proper conjuncture; as, the season for
planting; the season for rest.
The season, prime for sweetest scents and airs.
3. A period of time not very long; a while; a time.
Thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a
season. --Acts xiii.
4. That which gives relish; seasoning. [Obs.]
You lack the season of all natures, sleep. --Shak.
In season, in good time, or sufficiently early for the
Out of season, beyond or out of the proper time of the
usual or appointed time.
Season Sea"son, v. i.
1. To become mature; to grow fit for use; to become adapted
to a climate.
2. To become dry and hard, by the escape of the natural
juices, or by being penetrated with other substance; as,
timber seasons in the sun.
3. To give token; to savor. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Meaning of Seasons from wikipedia
- four seasons based
on the Gregorian calendar
recognized: spring, summer, autumn
or fall, and winter. The definition
- The Four Seasons
, originally referring
to the traditional seasons
of spring, summer, autumn
and winter, may refer
to: The Four Seasons
(Vivaldi), a 1723...
as Frankie Valli
and the Four Seasons
. In 1960, the band known
as The Four Lovers evolved
into the Four Seasons
, with Frankie Valli
as the lead singer...
- This article
is a list of seasons completed
by the Sacramento Kings
of the National Basketball
- The 4 Seasons Greetings
is the second studio album
by The Four Seasons
. It was released
in 1962 on Vee-Jay Records
as a monophonic recording
- The Seasons
to: In literature: The Seasons
(poem), a Lithuanian
poem by Kristijonas Donelaitis
(Thomson), four long poems
- Four Seasons Hotels
as Four Seasons Hotels
and Resorts, is an international luxury hospitality company headquartered
in Toronto, Ontario...
has shown great results
for Two Seasons compared
to the previous corresponding
period. In 2008 Two Seasons
by Billabong Clothing
- seasons completed
by the Oakland Raiders American football franchise
of the National Football League
(NFL). The list do****ents the season
- This article
of FC Seoul. ※ 1993 season
had PSO and blows results
are that PSO results
by drawn. ※ A: Adidas
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Seasons