Definition of Seasons. Meaning of Seasons. Synonyms of Seasons
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Seasons. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Seasons and, of course, Seasons synonyms and on the right images related to the word Seasons.
Definition of Seasons
SeasonSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasonSeason Sea"son, n. [OE. sesoun, F. saison, properly, the
sowing time, fr. L. satio a sowing, a planting, fr. serere,
satum, to sow, plant; akin to E. sow, v., to scatter, as
1. One of the divisions of the year, marked by alternations
in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions
of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the
relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In
the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some
parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the
rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry
and the rainy.
The several seasons of the year in their beauty.
2. Hence, a period of time, especially as regards its fitness
for anything contemplated or done; a suitable or
convenient time; proper conjuncture; as, the season for
planting; the season for rest.
The season, prime for sweetest scents and airs.
3. A period of time not very long; a while; a time.
Thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a
season. --Acts xiii.
4. That which gives relish; seasoning. [Obs.]
You lack the season of all natures, sleep. --Shak.
In season, in good time, or sufficiently early for the
Out of season, beyond or out of the proper time of the
usual or appointed time.
Season Sea"son, v. i.
1. To become mature; to grow fit for use; to become adapted
to a climate.
2. To become dry and hard, by the escape of the natural
juices, or by being penetrated with other substance; as,
timber seasons in the sun.
3. To give token; to savor. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Meaning of Seasons from wikipedia
- A season
is a division
of the year marked
in weather, ecology, and the amount
of daylight. On Earth, seasons
are the result
of Earth's orbit...
- a time, so this is season
6B for them." Since
the 1990s, these shorter seasons
also have been referred
to as ".5" or half seasons
the run of shows...
- observation. This may have led to significantly lower
for hurricane seasons prior
to 1910. This includes
one subtropical hurricane
that was not named...
by 20 clubs. Seasons
run from August
to May, with teams playing
in the season
. Most games
as Frankie Valli
and the Four Seasons
. In 1960, the band known
as The Four Lovers evolved
into the Four Seasons
, with Frankie Valli
as the lead singer...
- football since entering
League. As of the end of the 2018–19 season
, they have pla**** a total
of 5,664 competitive
matches. This list details...
- 1932–33 and 1934–35 Third Division South
and Second Division
title-winning seasons yielded
2.10 and 2.07 points
per game respectively, while
the 94 points...
- The Four Seasons
, originally referring
to the traditional seasons
of spring, summer, autumn
and winter, (typified in a humid continental
climate) may refer...
- other professional basketball teams
had failed. In their
, the Bulls
a winning record
25 times, and have appeared
- Phil. "A Change
Theater". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved
2013-11-25. Portnoy, Mike. "A change
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Seasons