Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Associate. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Associate and, of course, Associate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Associate.
Associate As*so"ci*ate, v. i.
1. To unite in company; to keep company, implying intimacy;
as, congenial minds are disposed to associate.
2. To unite in action, or to be affected by the action of a
different part of the body. --E. Darwin.
AssociateAssociate As*so"ci*ate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Associated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Associating.] [L. associatus, p. p. of
associare; ad + sociare to join or unite, socius companion.
1. To join with one, as a friend, companion, partner, or
confederate; as, to associate others with us in business,
or in an enterprise.
2. To join or connect; to combine in acting; as, particles of
gold associated with other substances.
3. To connect or place together in thought.
He succeeded in associating his name inseparably
with some names which will last as long as our
4. To accompany; to keep company with. [Obs.]
Friends should associate friends in grief and woe.
Associate As*so"ci*ate, a. [L. associatus, p. p.]
1. Closely connected or joined with some other, as in
interest, purpose, employment, or office; sharing
responsibility or authority; as, an associate judge.
While I descend . . . to my associate powers.
2. Admitted to some, but not to all, rights and privileges;
as, an associate member.
3. (Physiol.) Connected by habit or sympathy; as, associate
motions, such as occur sympathetically, in consequence of
preceding motions. --E. Darwin.
Associate As*so"ci*ate, n.
1. A companion; one frequently in company with another,
implying intimacy or equality; a mate; a fellow.
2. A partner in interest, as in business; or a confederate in
3. One connected with an association or institution without
the full rights or privileges of a regular member; as, an
associate of the Royal Academy.
4. Anything closely or usually connected with another; an
The one [idea] no sooner comes into the
understanding, than its associate appears with it.
Syn: Companion; mate; fellow; friend; ally; partner;
coadjutor; comrade; accomplice.
Meaning of Associate from wikipedia