Definition of Abortive. Meaning of Abortive. Synonyms of Abortive
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Abortive. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Abortive and, of course, Abortive synonyms and on the right images related to the word Abortive.
Definition of Abortive
Abortive A*bor"tive, n.
1. That which is born or brought forth prematurely; an
abortion. [Obs.] --Shak.
2. A fruitless effort or issue. [Obs.]
3. A medicine to which is attributed the property of causing
AbortiveAbortive A*bor"tive, a. [L. abortivus, fr. aboriri. See
1. Produced by abortion; born prematurely; as, an abortive
2. Made from the skin of a still-born animal; as, abortive
3. Rendering fruitless or ineffectual. [Obs.] ``Plunged in
that abortive gulf.' --Milton.
4. Coming to naught; failing in its effect; miscarrying;
fruitless; unsuccessful; as, an abortive attempt. ``An
abortive enterprise.' --Prescott.
5. (Biol.) Imperfectly formed or developed; rudimentary;
sterile; as, an abortive organ, stamen, ovule, etc.
(a) Causing abortion; as, abortive medicines. --Parr.
(b) Cutting short; as, abortive treatment of typhoid
Meaning of Abortive from wikipedia
of pregnancy Abortive
infection, a viral infection
a cell without reproducing
into more infectious
initiation, also known
transcription, is an early process
of genetic transcription
RNA polymerase binds
to a DNA promoter...
does not involve
the central nervous system
(CNS), sometimes called abortive
poliomyelitis, and a major illness involving
the CNS, which
may be paralytic...
- The abortive transformation
is a transformation
of cells, which
are unstable. A few generations after transformation
the cells revert
to normal. This process...
type Description abortive therapy
that is intended
to stop a medical condition
any further. A medication taken
- An abortive flower
is a flower
that has a stamen
but an under
developed, or no pistil. It falls without producing fruit
or seeds, due to its inability...
- nonsense/antisense strand), gets transcribed. Transcription begins
" nucleotide sequences approximately
10 base pairs
long are produced. These...
are four "abortive
Syriac) and five...
- In botany, a staminode
is an often
stamen, which means
that it does not produce
- Unsuccessful transfer
or abortive transfer
is any bacterial
from donor cells
to recipient cells
to survive transduction
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Abortive