Definition of Tumbler. Meaning of Tumbler. Synonyms of Tumbler
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Tumbler. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Tumbler and, of course, Tumbler synonyms and on the right images related to the word Tumbler.
Definition of Tumbler
Tumbler Tum"bler, n.
1. One who tumbles; one who plays tricks by various motions
of the body; an acrobat.
2. A movable obstruction in a lock, consisting of a lever,
latch, wheel, slide, or the like, which must be adjusted
to a particular position by a key or other means before
the bolt can be thrown in locking or unlocking.
3. (Firearms) A piece attached to, or forming part of, the
hammer of a gunlock, upon which the mainspring acts and in
which are the notches for sear point to enter.
4. A drinking glass, without a foot or stem; -- so called
because originally it had a pointed or convex base, and
could not be set down with any liquor in it, thus
compelling the drinker to finish his measure.
5. (Zo["o]l.) A variety of the domestic pigeon remarkable for
its habit of tumbling, or turning somersaults, during its
6. (Zo["o]l.) A breed of dogs that tumble when pursuing game.
They were formerly used in hunting rabbits.
7. A kind of cart; a tumbrel. [Prov. Eng. & Scot.]
Meaning of Tumbler from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Tumbler