Definition of Stones. Meaning of Stones. Synonyms of Stones
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Stones. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Stones and, of course, Stones synonyms and on the right images related to the word Stones.
Definition of Stones
StoneStone Stone, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Stoned; p. pr. & vb. n.
Stoning.] [From Stone, n.: cf. AS. st?nan, Goth.
1. To pelt, beat, or kill with stones.
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and
saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. --Acts vii.
2. To make like stone; to harden.
O perjured woman! thou dost stone my heart. --Shak.
3. To free from stones; also, to remove the seeds of; as, to
stone a field; to stone cherries; to stone raisins.
4. To wall or face with stones; to line or fortify with
stones; as, to stone a well; to stone a cellar.
5. To rub, scour, or sharpen with a stone. StonePerch Perch (p[~e]rch), n. [Written also pearch.] [OE.
perche, F. perche, L. perca, fr. Gr. pe`rkh; cf. perkno`s
dark-colored, Skr. p[.r][,c]ni spotted, speckled, and E.
1. Any fresh-water fish of the genus Perca and of several
other allied genera of the family Percid[ae], as the
common American or yellow perch (Perca flavescens, or
Americana), and the European perch (P. fluviatilis).
2. Any one of numerous species of spiny-finned fishes
belonging to the Percid[ae], Serranid[ae], and related
families, and resembling, more or less, the true perches.
(a) The black bass.
(b) The flasher.
(c) The sea bass.
Blue perch, the cunner.
Gray perch, the fresh-water drum.
Red perch, the rosefish.
Red-bellied perch, the long-eared pondfish.
Perch pest, a small crustacean, parasitic in the mouth of
Silver perch, the yellowtail.
Stone, or Striped, perch, the pope.
White perch, the Roccus, or Morone, Americanus, a small
silvery serranoid market fish of the Atlantic coast.
Meaning of Stones from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Stones