Definition of Query. Meaning of Query. Synonyms of Query
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Query. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Query and, of course, Query synonyms and on the right images related to the word Query.
Definition of Query
QueryQuery Que"ry, n.; pl. Queries. [L. quaere, imperative sing.
of quaerere, quaesitum to seek or search for, to ask,
inquire. Cf. Acquire, Conquer, Exquisite, Quest,
1. A question; an inquiry to be answered or solved.
I shall conclude with proposing only some queries,
in order to a . . . search to be made by others.
2. A question in the mind; a doubt; as, I have a query about
3. An interrogation point [?] as the sign of a question or a
Query Que"ry, v. i.
1. To ask questions; to make inquiry.
Each prompt to query, answer, and debate. --Pope.
2. To have a doubt; as, I query if he is right.
QueryQuery Que"ry, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Queried; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put questions about; to elicit by questioning; to
inquire into; as, to query the items or the amount; to
query the motive or the fact.
2. To address questions to; to examine by questions.
3. To doubt of; to regard with incredulity.
4. To write `` query' (qu., qy., or ?) against, as a
doubtful spelling, or sense, in a proof. See Qu[ae]re.
Meaning of Query from wikipedia
- In general, a query
is a form of questioning, in a line of inquiry. A query
may also refer
to: The Queries
, a set of 31 questions outlined
- the internet, a query string
is the part of a uniform resource locator
parameters. The query string commonly
- SQL (/ˌɛsˌkjuːˈɛl/ (listen) S-Q-L, /ˈsiːkwəl/ "sequel"; Structured Query
Language) is a domain-specific language
used in programming
- Microsoft Query
is a visual method
of creating database queries using examples based
on a text string, the name of a do****ent or a list of do****ents....
- Query languages
or data query languages
(DQLs) are computer languages
used to make queries
systems. Broadly, query
- A query
plan (or query execution
plan) is an ordered
set of steps
used to access
data in a SQL relational database management
system. This is a specific...
data. In the 2000s, non-relational databases became
to as NoSQL because
they use different query
a given query
the possible query
plans. Generally, the query optimizer cannot
be accessed directly
by users: once queries
all relational database systems
use SQL (Structured Query
Language) for querying
the database. This model organizes
- the query
into a "query
may vary between
executions, database versions
software. This functionality
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Query