Definition of Printed. Meaning of Printed. Synonyms of Printed
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Printed. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Printed and, of course, Printed synonyms and on the right images related to the word Printed.
Definition of Printed
Print Print, v. i.
1. To use or practice the art of typography; to take
impressions of letters, figures, or electrotypes, engraved
plates, or the like.
2. To publish a book or an article.
From the moment he prints, he must except to hear no
more truth. --Pope.
PrintPrint Print, n. [See Print, v., Imprint, n.]
1. A mark made by impression; a line, character, figure, or
indentation, made by the pressure of one thing on another;
as, the print of teeth or nails in flesh; the print of the
foot in sand or snow.
Where print of human feet was never seen. --Dryden.
2. A stamp or die for molding or impressing an ornamental
design upon an object; as, a butter print.
3. That which receives an impression, as from a stamp or
mold; as, a print of butter.
4. Printed letters; the impression taken from type, as to
excellence, form, size, etc.; as, small print; large
print; this line is in print.
5. That which is produced by printing. Specifically:
(a) An impression taken from anything, as from an engraved
plate. ``The prints which we see of antiquities.'
(b) A printed publication, more especially a newspaper or
other periodical. --Addison.
(c) A printed cloth; a fabric figured by stamping,
especially calico or cotton cloth.
(d) A photographic copy, or positive picture, on prepared
paper, as from a negative, or from a drawing on
6. (Founding) A core print. See under Core.
Blue print, a copy in white lines on a blue ground, of a
drawing, plan, tracing, etc., or a positive picture in
blue and white, from a negative, produced by photographic
printing on peculiarly prepared paper.
Meaning of Printed from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Printed