Definition of Innocents. Meaning of Innocents. Synonyms of Innocents
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Innocents. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Innocents and, of course, Innocents synonyms and on the right images related to the word Innocents.
Definition of Innocents
InnocentInnocent In"no*cent, a. [F. innocent, L. innocens, -entis;
pref. in- not + nocens, p. pr. of nocere to harm, hurt. See
1. Not harmful; free from that which can injure; innoxious;
innocuous; harmless; as, an innocent medicine or remedy.
The spear Sung innocent,and spent its force in air.
2. Morally free from guilt; guiltless; not tainted with sin;
To offer up a weak, poor, innocent lamb. --Shak.
I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent
blood. --Matt. xxvii.
The aidless,innocent lady, his wished prey.
3. Free from the guilt of a particular crime or offense; as,
a man is innocent of the crime charged.
Innocent from the great transgression. --Ps. xix.
4. Simple; artless; foolish. --Shak.
5. Lawful; permitted; as, an innocent trade.
6. Not contraband; not subject to forfeiture; as, innocent
goods carried to a belligerent nation.
Innocent party (Law),a party who has not notice of a fact
tainting a litigated transaction with illegality.
Syn: Harmless; innoxious; innoffensive; guiltless; spotless;
immaculate; pure; unblamable; blameless; faultless;
Meaning of Innocents from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Innocents