(accounting), an old term for overhead
(business) (O/H) costs
Burden, in electrical...
beam. It is expressed
in "tons burden" (Early Modern
English: byrthen), and abbreviated
"tons bm". The formula
- Modest Proposal
of Poor People
to Their Parents
or Country, and For making
to the Publick...
- type: 104-gun first-rate ship of the lineDisplacement: 3,500 tonsTons burthen
: 2,142 bmLength: 186 ft (57 m) (gundeck), 227 ft 6 in (69.34 m) (overall)...
to bind America
by laws of trade; you have always
done it... Do not burthen
them with taxes... But if intemperately, unwisely, fatally, you sophisticate...
- 1611) ("He has the prettiest
Loue-songs for Maids
... with such delicate burthens
of ****'s and Fadings.": Act IV, scene
iv). "11 Things
as far as Ghana
or even Brazil
times. The average burthen
was 4-500 tons, with a range
of 85-700 tons. In the Ma****ahit era these...
- reformed—health preserved—industry invigorated—instruction diffused—public burthens
lightened—Economy seated, as it were, upon a rock—the Gordian
Knot of the...
- a plain-looking vessel, without galleries
or a figurehead. At 452 tons burthen
, she was the largest transport
in the Fleet
- 32-gun galleonTons burthen
: 500Armament: 32 guns of various weights
of shotGeneral characteristics after
1599 rebuildTons burthen