Definition of Bounce. Meaning of Bounce. Synonyms of Bounce
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Bounce. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Bounce and, of course, Bounce synonyms and on the right images related to the word Bounce.
Definition of Bounce
Bounce Bounce, v. t.
1. To drive against anything suddenly and violently; to bump;
to thump. --Swift.
2. To cause to bound or rebound; sometimes, to toss.
3. To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge
unceremoniously, as from employment. [Collog. U. S.]
4. To bully; to scold. [Collog.] --J. Fletcher.
BounceBounce Bounce, n.
1. A sudden leap or bound; a rebound.
2. A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
The bounce burst open the door. --Dryden.
3. An explosion, or the noise of one. [Obs.]
4. Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious
exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer. --Johnson. De
5. (Zo["o]l.) A dogfish of Europe (Scyllium catulus). BounceBounce Bounce, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bounced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bouncing.] [OE. bunsen; cf. D. bonzen to strike, bounce,
bons blow, LG. bunsen to knock; all prob. of imitative
1. To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden
noise; a knock loudly.
Another bounces as hard as he can knock. --Swift.
Against his bosom bounced his heaving heart.
2. To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound;
as, she bounced into the room.
Out bounced the mastiff. --Swift.
Bounced off his arm+chair. --Thackeray.
3. To boast; to talk big; to bluster. [Obs.]
Bounce Bounce, adv.
With a sudden leap; suddenly.
This impudent puppy comes bounce in upon me.
Meaning of Bounce from wikipedia
or The Bounce
(physics), the event where
an object collides
with and bounces against
a plane surface
, a character...
Back" is a song by British
girl group Little
as a single
on 14 June 2019. The single
on 26 May 2019, and was promoted...
- The Jonas Brothers
are an American
pop rock band. Formed
in 2005, they gained
po****rity from their appearances
on the Disney Channel television
Back may refer
Back" (Fire on Blonde
song), 1987 Bounce
Back (album), a 1990 album
Back" (Stacie Orrico
TV is an American digital multicast television network
that is owned
by Katz Broadcasting, a subsidiary
of E. W. Scripps
- Bounce music
is an energetic style
of New Orleans
hip hop music which
is said to have originated
as the late 1980s in the city's housing
is a mobile
that was published
by Nokia. In the original Bounce
game the player controls
a red ball through
in a 2D side-scrolling...
- Roll Bounce
is a 2005 American
comedy-drama film written
by Norman Vance
Jr. and directed
D. Lee. The film stars
hip hop artist
Bow Wow as the...
- which charted
46 on the Billboard
Hot 100 chart, and "Bounce
Out With That" peaking
one on the Bubbling Under
Hot 100 Singles...
- The Big Bounce
is a hypothetical cosmological model
for the origin
of the known
universe. It was originally suggested
as a phase
of the cyclic model
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Bounce