Definition of Athese. Meaning of Athese. Synonyms of Athese
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Athese. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Athese and, of course, Athese synonyms and on the right images related to the word Athese.
Definition of Athese
No result for Athese. Showing similar results...
MetathesesMetathesis Me*tath"e*sis, n.; pl. Metatheses. [L., fr. Gr.
meta`thesis, fr. metatithe`nai to place differently, to
transpose; meta` beyond, over + tithe`nai to place, set. See
1. (Gram.) Transposition, as of the letters or syllables of a
word; as, pistris for pristis; meagre for meager.
2. (Med.) A mere change in place of a morbid substance,
without removal from the body.
3. (Chem.) The act, process, or result of exchange,
substitution, or replacement of atoms and radicals; thus,
by metathesis an acid gives up all or part of its
hydrogen, takes on an equivalent amount of a metal or
base, and forms a salt. ParathesesParathesis Pa*rath"e*sis, n.; pl. Paratheses. [NL., from Gr.
? a putting beside, from ? to put beside.]
1. (Gram.) The placing of two or more nouns in the same case;
2. (Rhet.) A parenthetical notice, usually of matter to be
afterward expanded. --Smart.
3. (Print.) The matter contained within brackets.
4. (Eccl.) A commendatory prayer. --Shipley.
Meaning of Athese from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Athese