Definition of Aggregate. Meaning of Aggregate. Synonyms of Aggregate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Aggregate. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Aggregate and, of course, Aggregate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Aggregate.
Definition of Aggregate
AggregateAggregate Ag"gre*gate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Aggregated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Aggregating.] [L. aggregatus, p. p. of
aggregare to lead to a flock or herd; ad + gregare to collect
into a flock, grex flock, herd. See Gregarious.]
1. To bring together; to collect into a mass or sum. ``The
aggregated soil.' --Milton.
2. To add or unite, as, a person, to an association.
It is many times hard to discern to which of the two
sorts, the good or the bad, a man ought to be
3. To amount in the aggregate to; as, ten loads, aggregating
five hundred bushels. [Colloq.]
Syn: To heap up; accumulate; pile; collect. AggregateAggregate Ag"gre*gate, a. [L. aggregatus, p. p.]
1. Formed by a collection of particulars into a whole mass or
The aggregate testimony of many hundreds. --Sir T.
2. (Anat.) Formed into clusters or groups of lobules; as,
3. (Bot.) Composed of several florets within a common
involucre, as in the daisy; or of several carpels formed
from one flower, as in the raspberry.
4. (Min. & Geol.) Having the several component parts adherent
to each other only to such a degree as to be separable by
5. (Zo["o]l.) United into a common organized mass; -- said of
certain compound animals.
Corporation aggregate. (Law) See under Corporation. AggregateAggregate Ag"gre*gate, n.
1. A mass, assemblage, or sum of particulars; as, a house is
an aggregate of stone, brick, timber, etc.
Note: In an aggregate the particulars are less intimately
mixed than in a compound.
2. (Physics) A mass formed by the union of homogeneous
particles; -- in distinction from a compound, formed by
the union of heterogeneous particles.
In the aggregate, collectively; together.
Meaning of Aggregate from wikipedia
(data warehouse), a part of the dimensional model
that is used to speed
time by summarizing
- In economics, aggregate supply
(AS) or domestic final supply
(DFS) is the total supply
in a national economy
- A review aggregator
is a system
that collects reviews
(such as films, books, video
games, software, hardware, and cars). This...
- Construction aggregate
, or simply
", is a broad category
of co**** to medium grained particulate material
used in construction, including
to: News aggregator
or a website
news from various sources
, a website
- In macroeconomics, aggregate demand
(AD) or domestic final demand
(DFD) is the total demand
for final goods
in an economy
at a given
- An aggregate fruit
(/ɛˈtɪərioʊ/) is a fruit
from the merger
of several ovaries
that were separate
in a single
flower. In contrast...
- cl****ified along
or continuum between narrow
and broad monetary aggregates
. Narrow measures include
only the most liquid
****ets, the ones most easily...
- In computing, a news aggregator
, also termed
a feed aggregator
, feed reader, news reader, RSS reader
or simply aggregator
, is client software
or a web...
- The Bloomberg Barclays
Bond Index, which until August
24, 2016 was called
the Barclays Capital Aggregate
Bond Index, and which until
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Aggregate