Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word shells. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word shells and, of course, shells synonyms and on the right images related to the word shells.
ShellShell Shell, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shelled; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To strip or break off the shell of; to take out of the
shell, pod, etc.; as, to shell nuts or pease; to shell
2. To separate the kernels of (an ear of Indian corn, wheat,
oats, etc.) from the cob, ear, or husk.
3. To throw shells or bombs upon or into; to bombard; as, to
shell a town.
To shell out, to distribute freely; to bring out or pay, as
Shell Shell, v. i.
1. To fall off, as a shell, crust, etc.
2. To cast the shell, or exterior covering; to fall out of
the pod or husk; as, nuts shell in falling.
3. To be disengaged from the ear or husk; as, wheat or rye
shells in reaping.
Shell Shell, n.
1. Something similar in form or action to an ordnance shell;
(a) (Fireworks) A case or cartridge containing a charge of
explosive material, which bursts after having been
thrown high into the air. It is often elevated through
the agency of a larger firework in which it is
(b) (Oil Wells) A torpedo.
2. A concave rough cast-iron tool in which a convex lens is
ground to shape.
3. A gouge bit or shell bit.