Definition of plate. Meaning of plate. Synonyms of plate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word plate. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word plate and, of course, plate synonyms and on the right images related to the word plate.
Definition of plate
PlatePlate Plate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Plated; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To cover or overlay with gold, silver, or other metals,
either by a mechanical process, as hammering, or by a
chemical process, as electrotyping.
2. To cover or overlay with plates of metal; to arm with
metal for defense.
Thus plated in habiliments of war. --Shak.
3. To adorn with plated metal; as, a plated harness.
4. To beat into thin, flat pieces, or lamin[ae].
5. To calender; as, to plate paper.
Meaning of plate from wikipedia
(dishware), a broad, mainly
food is served. silver
(household) or the plate, dishware
- 9158 platè is a main belt asteroid
with an orbital period
of 1273.4074395 days (3.49 years
on june 25, 1984.
- plate tectonics
(from the late latin
tectonicus, from the. τεκτονικός. 'pertaining to building')little , fowler
, 1990 is a
- a vehicle registration plate
is a metal
or plastic plate attached
to a motor vehicle
for official identification
- this is a list of tectonic plates
on earth. tectonic plates
of the earth's crust
mantle, together referred
- photographic plates preceded photographic
film as a target medium
in photography. emulsion
of silver salts
to a glass
- plate armour
is a historical
type of personal armour
made from iron or steel
plates. full plate armour developed
in europe during
- a plate
is a broad, concave, but mainly
food can be served
can also be used for ceremonial
- graphein, 'to write') is a method
for printing using
) or a metal plate
with a completely smooth
- home plate: home plate. file:home base of baseball field
in třebíč, czech
republic. jpg , home plate
of baseball field
home plate, formally