Definition of muff. Meaning of muff. Synonyms of muff
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word muff. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word muff and, of course, muff synonyms and on the right images related to the word muff.
Definition of muff
Muff Muff (m[u^]f), n. [Cf. LG. muff, D. mof, G., Dan., & Sw.
muff, F. moufle mitten, LL. muffula, MHG. mouwe sleeve, D.
mouw, and E. muffle, v.]
1. A soft cover of cylindrical form, usually of fur, worn by
women to shield the hands from cold.
2. (Mech.) A short hollow cylinder surrounding an object, as
3. (Glass Manuf.) A blown cylinder of glass which is
afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
4. [Perhaps a different word; cf. Prov. E. maffle to
slammer.] A stupid fellow; a poor-spirited person.
[Colloq.] ``A muff of a curate.' --Thackeray.
5. [See 4.] (Baseball) A failure to hold a ball when once in
6. (Zo["o]l.) The whitethroat. [Prov. Eng.]
MuffMuff Muff, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Muffed; p. pr. & vb. n.
To handle awkwardly; to fumble; to fail to hold, as a ball,
in catching it.
Meaning of muff from wikipedia
- the melbourne underground
(muff) was formed
out of disagreements
over the content
of the melbourne international
- muff or muff may refer
to: muff (handwarmer), a fashion
of fur, for keeping
warm earmuffs, a device
- the big muff pi (π), often known simply
as the big muff, is a fuzzbox produced
in new york city by the electro-harmonix company, along
- a muff is a fashion accessory
for outdoors usually
made of a cylinder
of fur or fabric
with both ends open for keeping
warm. it was introduced
- muff (from irish: magh) is a village
donegal, ireland. it is near the mouth
of the river foyle
(where it flows
foyle) and sits at
- muff is an unincorporated community
county, pennsylvania, in the united
states. the highest natural point
in armstrong county
(born 15 june 1943, erdington, birmingham) is an english songwriter
producer, and the older brother
- andré muff (born 28 january
1981) is a former swiss
footballer. he last pla**** for fc concordia
basel. he has also appeared
in the squad
Recent Searches ...
Related images to muff