Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word muff. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word muff and, of course, muff synonyms and on the right images related to the word muff.
Definition of muff
Muff Muff (m[u^]f), n. [Cf. LG. muff, D. mof, G., Dan., & Sw.
muff, F. moufle mitten, LL. muffula, MHG. mouwe sleeve, D.
mouw, and E. muffle, v.]
1. A soft cover of cylindrical form, usually of fur, worn by
women to shield the hands from cold.
2. (Mech.) A short hollow cylinder surrounding an object, as
3. (Glass Manuf.) A blown cylinder of glass which is
afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
4. [Perhaps a different word; cf. Prov. E. maffle to
slammer.] A stupid fellow; a poor-spirited person.
[Colloq.] ``A muff of a curate.' --Thackeray.
5. [See 4.] (Baseball) A failure to hold a ball when once in
6. (Zo["o]l.) The whitethroat. [Prov. Eng.]
MuffMuff Muff, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Muffed; p. pr. & vb. n.
To handle awkwardly; to fumble; to fail to hold, as a ball,
in catching it.
Meaning of muff from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Awesome quote for you
Related images to muff
The images related to muff are not available for now.