Definition of listing. Meaning of listing. Synonyms of listing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word listing. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word listing and, of course, listing synonyms and on the right images related to the word listing.
Definition of listing
ListingList List, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Listed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Listing.] [From list a roll.]
1. To sew together, as strips of cloth, so as to make a show
of colors, or form a border. --Sir H. Wotton.
2. To cover with list, or with strips of cloth; to put list
on; as, to list a door; to stripe as if with list.
The tree that stood white-listed through the gloom.
3. To enroll; to place or register in a list.
Listed among the upper serving men. --Milton.
4. To engage, as a soldier; to enlist.
I will list you for my soldier. --Sir W.
5. (Carp.) To cut away a narrow strip, as of sapwood, from
the edge of; as, to list a board.
To list a stock (Stock Exchange), to put it in the list of
stocks called at the meeting of the board.
Listing List"ing, n.
1. The act or process of one who lists (in any sense of the
verb); as, the listing of a door; the listing of a stock
at the Stock Exchange.
2. The selvedge of cloth; list.
3. (Carp.) The sapwood cut from the edge of a board.
4. (Agric.) The throwing up of the soil into ridges, -- a
method adopted in the culture of beets and some garden
crops. [Local, U. S.]
Meaning of listing from wikipedia