Definition of grain. Meaning of grain. Synonyms of grain
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word grain. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word grain and, of course, grain synonyms and on the right images related to the word grain.
Definition of grain
GrainGrain Grain, v. & n.
See Groan. [Obs.] GrainGrain Grain, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Grained; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To paint in imitation of the grain of wood, marble, etc.
2. To form (powder, sugar, etc.) into grains.
3. To take the hair off (skins); to soften and raise the
grain of (leather, etc.). GrainGrain Grain, v. i. [F. grainer, grener. See Grain, n.]
1. To yield fruit. [Obs.] --Gower.
2. To form grains, or to assume a granular ferm, as the
result of crystallization; to granulate. GrainGrain Grain, n. [See Groin a part of the body.]
1. A branch of a tree; a stalk or stem of a plant. [Obs.]
2. A tine, prong, or fork. Specifically:
(a) One the branches of a valley or of a river.
(b) pl. An iron first speak or harpoon, having four or
more barbed points.
3. A blade of a sword, knife, etc.
4. (Founding) A thin piece of metal, used in a mold to steady
Meaning of grain from wikipedia
is a small international
to support small farmer
s and social movement
s in their struggles
- a grain
is a unit of measurement
of mass that is nominally based
upon the mass of a single
seed of a cereal
. barley grains
were part of
- for the edible components
of their grain
(botanically, a type of fruit called
of the endosperm
, germ , and bran .
(triticum spp is a cereal grain
from the levant region
of the near east and ethiopian highlands
, but now cultivated
is the alternating regions
of relatively darker
from the differing growth parameters occurring
- whole grains
are cereal grains
that contain cereal
germ , endosperm
, and bran , in contrast
to refined grains
, which retain
(ˈɛθɑːnɒl , pron), also called ethyl
(ˈɛθɪl , pron) alcohol, pure alcohol, grain
alcohol, or drinking
alcohol, is a volatile
- a gristmill
mill, corn mill or flour
mill) grinds grain
. the term can refer
to both the grinding mechanism
- mays l , from maíz , links
taíno mahiz), known
in some english-speaking countries
as corn, is a large grain plant domesticated
- the isle of grain, (oe greon meaning gravel
) is the easternmost point
of the hoo peninsula
in the unitary authority