Definition of feeding. Meaning of feeding. Synonyms of feeding
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word feeding. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word feeding and, of course, feeding synonyms and on the right images related to the word feeding.
Definition of feeding
FeedingFeed Feed, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Feeding.] [AS. f?dan, fr. f?da food; akin to C?. f?dian,
OFries f?da, f?da, D. voeden, OHG. fuottan, Icel. f[ae]?a,
Sw. f["o]da, Dan. f["o]de. ? 75. See Food.]
1. To give food to; to supply with nourishment; to satisfy
the physical huger of.
If thine enemy hunger, feed him. --Rom. xii.
Unreasonable reatures feed their young. --Shak.
2. To satisfy; grafity or minister to, as any sense, talent,
taste, or desire.
I will feed fat the ancient grudge I bear him.
Feeding him with the hope of liberty. --Knolles.
3. To fill the wants of; to supply with that which is used or
wasted; as, springs feed ponds; the hopper feeds the mill;
to feed a furnace with coal.
4. To nourish, in a general sense; to foster, strengthen,
develop, and guard.
Thou shalt feed people Israel. --2 Sam. v. 2.
Mightiest powers by deepest calms are feed. --B.
5. To graze; to cause to be cropped by feeding, as herbage by
cattle; as, if grain is too forward in autumn, feed it
Once in three years feed your mowing lands.
6. To give for food, especially to animals; to furnish for
consumption; as, to feed out turnips to the cows; to feed
water to a steam boiler.
(a) To supply (the material to be operated upon) to a
machine; as, to feed paper to a printing press.
(b) To produce progressive operation upon or with (as in
wood and metal working machines, so that the work
moves to the cutting tool, or the tool to the work). FeedingFeeding Feed"ing, n.
1. the act of eating, or of supplying with food; the process
2. That which is eaten; food.
3. That which furnishes or affords food, especially for
animals; pasture land.
Feeding bottle. See under Bottle.
Meaning of feeding from wikipedia
- in mice, mch stimulates feeding
and a mutation causing
of mch led to overeating
and obesity orexin plays
is the feeding
of an infant
or young child
from female human breast
s (i.e., via lactation
- a feeding
tube is a medical device
used to provide nutrition
who cannot obtain nutrition
by mouth, are unable
is the process
organisms, typically animal
food . the evolution
of different feeding strategies
- food webs exhibit principles
of ecological emergence through
relationships: some species
have many weak feeding links
- different cattle feeding production systems
have separate advantages
and disadvantages. most cows have a diet that is composed
of at least
- many join mixed-species feeding flock
s, and a few species
are core members. the ants, and many others
may feed in this way opportunistically.
feed is any agricultural
to feed grain compared
the ungerminated grain
- the human
diet , a discussion
of animal diets
, list of feeding behaviours
2010 image:foodsourcesofmagnesium. jpg , a selection
- equine nutrition
is the feeding
, mule s, donkey
s, and other equine
and balanced nutrition
is a critical