Definition of drives. Meaning of drives. Synonyms of drives
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word drives. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word drives and, of course, drives synonyms and on the right images related to the word drives.
Definition of drives
Drive Drive, v. t.
Specif., in various games, as tennis, baseball, etc., to
propel (the ball) swiftly by a direct stroke or forcible
Drive Drive, v. i. (Golf)
To make a drive, or stroke from the tee.
Drive Drive (dr[imac]v), p. p.
Driven. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
DriveDrive Drive (dr[imac]v), n.
1. The act of driving; a trip or an excursion in a carriage,
as for exercise or pleasure; -- distinguished from a ride
taken on horseback.
2. A place suitable or agreeable for driving; a road prepared
3. Violent or rapid motion; a rushing onward or away; esp., a
forced or hurried dispatch of business.
The Murdstonian drive in business. --M. Arnold.
4. In type founding and forging, an impression or matrix,
formed by a punch drift.
5. A collection of objects that are driven; a mass of logs to
be floated down a river. [Colloq.]
Syn: See Ride.
Meaning of drive from wikipedia