Definition of clear. Meaning of clear. Synonyms of clear
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word clear. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word clear and, of course, clear synonyms and on the right images related to the word clear.
Definition of clear
Clear Clear, adv.
1. In a clear manner; plainly.
Now clear I understand What oft . . . thoughts have
searched in vain. --Milton.
2. Without limitation; wholly; quite; entirely; as, to cut a
piece clear off.
Clear Clear (kl[=e]r), n. (Carp.)
Full extent; distance between extreme limits; especially; the
distance between the nearest surfaces of two bodies, or the
space between walls; as, a room ten feet square in the clear.
ClearClear Clear (kl[=e]r), a. [Compar. Clearer (-[~e]r); superl.
Clearest.] [OE. cler, cleer, OF. cler, F. clair, fr.L.
clarus, clear, broght, loud, distinct, renownwd; perh. akin
to L. clamare to call, E. claim. Cf. Chanticleer,
Clairvoyant, Claret, Clarufy.]
1. Free from opaqueness; transparent; bright; light;
The stream is so transparent, pure, and clear.
Fair as the moon, clear as the sun. --Canticles
2. Free from ambiguity or indistinctness; lucid; perspicuous;
plain; evident; manifest; indubitable.
One truth is clear; whatever is, is right. --Pope.
3. Able to perceive clearly; keen; acute; penetrating;
discriminating; as, a clear intellect; a clear head.
Mother of science! now I feel thy power Within me
clear, not only to discern Things in their causes,
but to trace the ways Of highest agents. --Milton.
4. Not clouded with passion; serene; cheerful.
With a countenance as clear As friendship wears at
5. Easily or distinctly heard; audible; canorous.
Hark! the numbers soft and clear Gently steal upon
the ear. --Pope.
6. Without mixture; entirely pure; as, clear sand.
7. Without defect or blemish, such as freckles or knots; as,
a clear complexion; clear lumber.
8. Free from guilt or stain; unblemished.
Statesman, yet friend to truth! in soul sincere, In
action faithful, and in honor clear. --Pope.
9. Without diminution; in full; net; as, clear profit.
I often wished that I had clear, For life, six
hundred pounds a-year. --Swift
10. Free from impediment or obstruction; unobstructed; as, a
clear view; to keep clear of debt.
My companion . . . left the way clear for him.
11. Free from embarrassment; detention, etc.
The cruel corporal whispered in my ear, Five
pounds, if rightly tipped, would set me clear.
Clear breach. See under Breach, n., 4.
Clear days (Law.), days reckoned from one day to another,
excluding both the first and last day; as, from Sunday to
Sunday there are six clear days.
Clear stuff, boards, planks, etc., free from knots.
Syn: Manifest; pure; unmixed; pellucid; transparent;
luminous; obvious; visible; plain; evident; apparent;
distinct; perspicuous. See Manifest.
Meaning of clear from wikipedia
to: in entertainment
and media literature
(magazine), a fashion, art and luxury
- 'clear!' is the first single
from kardinal offishall
's upcoming fifth studio album
. the song was produced
by supa dups
- this is a list of all internet relay
from rfc 1459, rfc 2812, and extensions added
irc daemons. most irc clients
is one of two levels
on the way to personal
salvation. a state
- off-limits, by law, for palm oil plantations
were being established
as well as the illegal
use of fire to clear forest areas
- clear island
or cape clear island
by its irish
name: cléire, and sometimes
oileán chléire) lies south
- of infrared radiation
by the air or by the surface underneath
this type of cooling
is common during
when the sky is clear.
- when the teams
the mines, they would
walk over the field
hand in hand themselves
to show to the locals
that all the mines
: a wine with no visible particulate
: a wine that is not very aromatic. cloves
: an aroma associated
with oak treatment
- cleartext, by contrast, refers
to data that is transmitted
or stored unencrypted
(that is, 'in the clear'). since computers became