Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word average. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word average and, of course, average synonyms and on the right images related to the word average.
Average Av"er*age, a.
1. Pertaining to an average or mean; medial; containing a
mean proportion; of a mean size, quality, ability, etc.;
ordinary; usual; as, an average rate of profit; an average
amount of rain; the average Englishman; beings of the
2. According to the laws of averages; as, the loss must be
made good by average contribution.
AverageAverage Av"er*age, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Averaged (?); p. pr.
& vb. n. Averaging.]
1. To find the mean of, when sums or quantities are unequal;
to reduce to a mean.
2. To divide among a number, according to a given proportion;
as, to average a loss.
3. To do, accomplish, get, etc., on an average.
Average Av"er*age, v. i.
To form, or exist in, a mean or medial sum or quantity; to
amount to, or to be, on an average; as, the losses of the
owners will average twenty five dollars each; these spars
average ten feet in length.