Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Job. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Job and, of course, Job synonyms and on the right images related to the word Job.
Definition of Job
Job Job, v. i.
1. To do chance work for hire; to work by the piece; to do
Authors of all work, to job for the season. --Moore.
2. To seek private gain under pretense of public service; to
turn public matters to private advantage.
And judges job, and bishops bite the town. --Pope.
3. To carry on the business of a jobber in merchandise or
JobJob Job, n. [Prov. E. job, gob, n., a small piece of wood, v.,
to stab, strike; cf. E. gob, gobbet; perh. influenced by E.
chop to cut off, to mince. See Gob.]
1. A sudden thrust or stab; a jab.
2. A piece of chance or occasional work; any definite work
undertaken in gross for a fixed price; as, he did the job
for a thousand dollars.
3. A public transaction done for private profit; something
performed ostensibly as a part of official duty, but
really for private gain; a corrupt official business.
4. Any affair or event which affects one, whether fortunately
or unfortunately. [Colloq.]
Meaning of Job from wikipedia
figure, see job (biblical figure). for other
uses, see job (disambiguation). a person's job is their
role in society. a job is an activity, often" timestamp="2017-02-15t09:39:33z" />
Recent Searches ...
Awesome quote for you
Related images to Job
The images related to Job are not available for now.